Tuesday 30 September 2014

Basic Chocolate Cake

The first recipe or cake that come across my mind. A must cake to learn, Chocolate cake. I'm still using the same recipe for my chocolate cake or base.
29/06/2012 
I baked this cake for my colleague's farewell party, after 3 months dare to bake. Alhamdulillah, most of the feedback are positive. When your product turns out goods, you will be the most happiest person in the world. BUT, I always have a story behind every cakes...phew!


BASIC CHOCOLATE RECIPE

200 gm superfine flour
100 gm cocoa powder
1 TSP baking powder
1 TSP baking soda

3 eggs
200 gm caster sugar
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup canola oil
1 cup hot water

  • Sieved all dry ingredient in 1 bowl. Set aside
  • In another bowl, beat milk, oil and sugar till fluffy
  • Add egg one at a time, beat again till incorporated
  • Add dry ingredient (divide 3 portions) alternately with hot water (divide 2 portions)
  • Steam the cake for at least 40 - 45 min with medium heat
TOPPING/FROSTING

Chocolate ganache

150 mls whipping cream
150 gm dark chocolate

  • Heat the cream till bubble 
  • Pour it into the bowl of chocolate. Stir till well incorporated.
  • Let it cool then frost your cake

Now its your turn to bake it! Enjoy..

N/B: Let me know how it turns out in the comment box. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment